| The Association for Women in Science has launched STEM to Market: The AWIS Accelerator, a unique program funded by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation designed to help STEM-trained women transform their research into market-ready products that make customers’ lives better. We are pleased to share this free program with our AWIS Institutional Partners, including University of Chicago, Indiana University School of Medicine, the Argonne National Reseach Laboratory, as well as other institutions in the Midwest.
Please forward this email to any potential candidates who:
- Are in or near Chicago,
- Identify as women,
- Have training or experience in one or more STEM field(s),
- Have STEM research they want to commercialize, and
- Have already made some investment in their ideas.
The program is free to accepted participants, thanks to funding from the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. Applications take about 30 minutes to complete. The application deadline is September 5, 2017.
Building on 46 years of AWIS experience, STEM to Market: The AWIS Accelerator is the first accelerator program tailored to the needs of women in STEM. STEM to Market combines participants’ scientific expertise with the specialized knowledge, mentorship, and community they need to build a solid foundation and navigate the challenging technology transfer and start-up worlds. Through the ten-month program, participants will:
- Receive customized commercialization training and support;
- Become part of a network and community of STEM entrepreneurs, experts, and investors;
- Access mentoring and advising from successful entrepreneurs, investors, funders, and market experts to help you build your product and/or company;
- Develop strong connections to the investment community.
Please forward to those in your networks who may be a good fit.
The STEM to Market team